About FHBC
 
 
 
Our Worship
 
 
 
 
 
Our Ministries
 
 
 
 
 
News & Events
 
 
 
West Campus
 
 
 
Join Us
 
 
 
 
stainedglass
A Church with a Heart for Missions

In August of 1955, Mrs, B.H. Freeman of Garland donated three acres of land located at 1120 North Star Road to the South Dallas Baptist Church for the purpose of locating a church on the land. Six acres were added to the grant by purchase. After the death of Mrs. Freeman in 1959, her daughter, Mrs. Charles Dent of Austin, gave a clear deed of the property to Freeman Heights Baptist Church, which Mrs. Freeman had requested before her death.

Construction of the first building was started in November of 1955, and completed in February of 1958. J.C. Adams, the pastor of the South Dallas Baptist Church, believed the Lord was leading him to this work and the church agreed to let them go to the new mission.

On February 25, 1956, the first services were held with 77 people in Sunday School and $425.00 in offerings. The first message was “The Mission of the Church”. There were forty people that united with the mission and it was self-supporting from the first day of its meeting.

On February 29, 1956, the mission met for its first business meeting. J.C. Starnes, Walter F. Nicholson and J.J. Sartin were named as deacons. Betty Nicholson was appointed as church clerk.

On September 30, 1956, services were held for the purpose of organizing the mission into a church. The name Freeman Heights Baptist Church was adopted and the Rev. J.C. Adams was called as pastor of the church. There were 139 charter members and the church voted to affiliate with the Dallas Baptist Association and the Southern Baptist Convention. The auditorium was dedicated on February 19, 1964.

The history of Freeman Heights Baptist Church has prepared her for the many ministries God has called an led her to accomplish. Freeman Heights is currently involved in approximately twenty ministries and directly or indirectly sponsors five mission churches for the purpose of equipping the members and reaching the lost and unchurched in the surrounding communities.

Freeman Heights Baptist Church has adopted a mission statement that describes the vision that God has given the leadership and members of this body, and with one heart we are

“Reaching together the lost of our world with the love of Jesus Christ to the glory of God.”