In August of 1955, Mrs. B.H. Freeman of Garland donated 3 acres of land located at 1120 North Star Road to the South Dallas Baptist Church for the purpose of locating a church on the land. Six acres were added to the grant by purchase. After the death of Mrs. Freeman in 1959, her daughter, Mrs. Charles Dent of Austin, gave a clear deed of the property to Freeman Heights Baptist Church, which Mrs. Freeman had requested before her death.
Construction of the first building was started in November of 1955, and completed in 1958. The first services were held on February 26, 1956 with 77 people. On September 30, 1956, services were held organizing the mission into a church. The name Freeman Heights was adopted and the Rev. J.C. Adams was called as pastor. There were 139 charter members and the church voted to affiliate with the Dallas Baptist Association and the Southern Baptist Convention. The auditorium was dedicated on February 19, 1964.
J.C. Adams, 1956-1964
Howard Hill, 1965-1968
James E. Cheatham, 1969-1976
Charles Price, 1976-1980
Darold Baldwin, 1980-1982
Larry P. Venable, 1983-Present
OTHER MINISTERIAL STAFF
Israel Vallejo-Associate Pastor and Minister to Missions, 2012-Present
Rusty Mott-Associate Pastor & Minister of Worship & Praise, 2006-2013
Kay Ashley-Administrator, 1992-Present
Angela Franklin, Worship Leader, 2013-Present